Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

100 Days!

I tried my new schedule this past week and it worked very well - yea!  This coming week it will be our 100th day of school, so I have been planning stations for math revolving around the number 100.  After pursuing several blogs and not really finding what I wanted, I went back to some great websites that I have always referred to and got the ideas that I needed.  Here are the math station activities that I will be doing  3-4 days this week:

100 Tally Marks Game
I am planning to have a parent help with this partner dice game as it can be a little tricky for my students
100 Board Puzzles
I made several different color-coded puzzles of varying difficulty
Counting to 100 by 10's or 5's
I do not have the discs that are shown on this website, but thought I'd try using pennies
100 Gumballs in The Jar
I'm planning to use the numbered jar and have the children find the numbers 1 to 100 as they cover each number with a dot of paint using dot paint markers
Large 100 Board Activity
I have a large vinyl 100 board and thought that I might try my own kindergarten style version of this activity

On the actual 100th Day we won't be doing math stations, but will be making necklaces with 100 beads by counting 10 groups of ten beads and placing a divider between each group.  We are also making 100th day hats and a super large hundred chart with numbers that the children are decorating for homework.  Hopefully I can snap a few pictures to post soon, just in case anyone is actually reading this :)




                                                      
                                   


No comments:

Post a Comment